Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Fine Art of Procrastination

The Sin Club, my second book for Kensington Aphrodisia is due August 31st. My anxiety over my naked heroine’s lethargy has pushed the needle on my stress-o-meter off the chart.

So, after I finished tweaking the first chapter for the eleventh time, do you think the answer to what happens after Bobbie strips for the Nick popped into my head?

Nope. Instead, a little voice said, “Hey, you could log on to blogger.com and start a blog.”

Never being one to ignore my muse (or an opportunity to procrastinate) – six hours and some xml code hacking later, here I am. So ... what am I going to write about?

For starters, in between writing about other “important” stuff, in upcoming weeks I thought I’d share a few memorable snippets from last month’s trip to France.

Like these – a pair of Kama Sutra dice that I picked up at one of the zillion “gift” shops in the Latin Quarter:



Hmmm. Think a quick roll of the dice will help Bobbie decide what to do next? Or maybe research over at Kama Sutra Animated will do the trick?

Nah. They both just make me laugh. Back to my twelfth re-read of chapter one ...

6 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Calista Fox, Author said...

You have successfully MASTERED the "fine art of procrastination," my friend! :-) That's okay... you've got a whole MONTH before your book is due. That's, like, all the time in the world. No pressure there. Where are those bon-bons? What's on the tube today? Relax and enjoy yourself!

Am I guilting you into writing?? Admittedly, I'm being selfish--I want to read what happens next with Bobbie and Nick. You've left me hanging...!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Yeah, well, obviously I think that a month is "all the time in the world," too. LOL Actually, I'm writing now ...

And thanks for the kind words about Bobbie & Nick. Nick seconds your sentiment about being "left hanging." But not for long ... :-)

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

If it's any consolation, and it probably isn't LOL, nine days before my novella was due for Built I completely yanked the heroines POV and flipped the whole thing to first person (thinking the entire time I'd just royally screwed myself LOL).

I HATE those home stretch panic attacks (but i so love those dice!) LOL

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Amie, you have made me feel better, as I can only imagine the stress THAT induced.

Yeah, the dice are fun. If only I can find a use for them. I have given a couple sets away as "gifts."

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Cara North said...

These dice are awesome! Do you have the Sex Flashcards? I love them. And one of the silliest things I have picked up is The Bald Headed Hermit and the Artichoke: An Erotic Thesaurus.

LOL! I hate leaving the characters hanging but they appreciate it more when you get back to them! LOL!

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Thanks, Cara. Regarding the Sex Flashcards, I've seen them.

ROFL -- the Bald Headed Hermit (ugh. I don't know what this is but I have an interesting visual going on) and the Artichoke Erotic Thesaurus. My Gosh, Cara. I think YOU need to blog about these fun novelties. LOL I'm intrigued ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home