Sunday, July 16, 2006

Losing Nemo ... Finding Derek

I was a big Nemo fan. In fact, I admit to seeing it alone -- sans child -- in a theatre full of noisy kids.

Two weeks ago, I idolized Nemo.

Last week, after finding Nemo 22.5 times with a visiting two-year old, I detest Nemo -- second only to Barney, who I never liked.

But like all traumatic experiences, something good came of this. As I squealed in surprise for the eleventh time when daddy fish, Marlin, and his ditzy friend, Dory, found the goggles belonging to the evil, dentist-kidnapper, my mind drifted ...

And then my blood raced, for my brain had stumbled upon the perfect contest: "Finding Derek."

And what, pray tell, is Finding Derek?

Derek Mitchell is the hero in my new book, The Sex Lounge, which will be released by Kensington in May 2007. Beginning next week, I will scour clubs, bars, airports, and financial district(s) for sexy hunks with Derek Mitchell potential. Then, provided that drinks are not thrown in my face and/or harassment charges are not filed, I will post snapshots of these hunks and a little bio. You, faithful readers, will then have the opportunity to vote for your favorite.

So check back on August 1st when I'll post my first hunk ... or a postcard from jail. Either way, it's sure to be an entertaining post.

15 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Jordan Summers said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that police don't enter the picture. ;) *ggg*

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, are you just going to walk up and say "Excuse me, can I take your picture and can you give me your vital statistics for my erotica contest?" You've sure got a lot of guts -and I hope a guard dog too!!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Cara North said...

I love how your site and blogg match!
This post had me laughing out loud.

Cara
www.sirensandmuses.com
http://carolinanorth.blogspot.com

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Me, too, Jordan. :-)

Lynn ... um ... not quite that, but close. And for those tongue-tied moments, I'm thinking of sticking a flier with the details in front of him. LOL

Cara, thank you for the compliment about the blog! It was very painful (i.e., 3+ hours) for me to hack my way to getting it to somewhat resemble my site.

And I'm glad I made you laugh. Making people laugh is such an accomplishment.

Thanks to you all for taking a moment to post ...

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Edie Ramer said...

Rachelle, what a cool new hobby! And if you get arrested, maybe you'll find some hunky cops who don't mind posing for you. *g*

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Edie, I'm considering it a ... "character building experience" -- if I can use Lynn's line on a guy, then I can ask anyone, anything. LOL

And thanks for the positive spin on jail, too. :-)

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

I'll be waiting with baited...breath =)

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

You and me both, Amie. I could be setting myself up for some major humiliation here. LOL

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

Think possitive and make sure the digital camera has fresh batteries *ggg*

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

I am thinking positive and my camera batteries are fully charged. My first fieldtrip will be next weekend. Wish me luck ... :-)

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Calista Fox, Author said...

Now there's a fun idea!! Looking forward to hearing how this "project" unfolds!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

Good luck!!

=)

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

So far it's unfolding quite nicely, Calista. :-)

Thanks for the positive wish, Amie!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Camy Tang said...

This is hilarious! Great idea!
Camy

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Thank you, Camy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home