Sunday, July 23, 2006

August Contest: "What Would You Do With This?"

I stopped by Good Vibrations on Friday. GV reminds me of this recently-closed bookstore in San Francisco called A Clean Well-Lighted Place For Books. Why? Because I’ve always thought that GV should be called A Clean Well-Lighted Place for Sex Toys. Or -- if you can’t picture that -- try, a large Starbucks selling dildos and lubrication products instead of drip coffee and lattes.

Got a good visual now?

Good. Because I wasn’t allowed to take pictures of the store to show you, due to their customer "privacy policy."

"But there’s no one in the store," I said to the woman behind the register.

She smiled apologetically. "I know. But we have to respect people’s privacy."

O-kay. Am I the only one confused here?

Never mind. That’s not important. You can check out the neat store here. What is important is the information she gave me about today’s products.

But, before we go there, I need you to play a game of pretend. Pretend this heat wave is not making you feel like you live in hell. Instead, you are surrounded by snow-covered mountains, holed up in a cabin with someone that you want to be holed up with, and a fire is blazing in the hearth ...

Got a good visual? Good. Now you’re ready to play.

The Products:

Raspberry Vanilla Body Dust Apply this powder to the skin with the accompanying feather and lick it off. Fun for both giver and receiver. (Retail price: $18.00)

Soy-Based Massage Candle – Not only is the rosemary mint scent fragrant, as the candle melts the liquid becomes massage oil. Since soy burns at a lower temperature, the oil will not be too hot to pour directly from the candle onto the skin. Neat, huh? (Retail price: $10.00)

To Win:

Simply add a comment to this post -- either answer the question in the title -or- say whatever you want.

On August 22nd, I’ll randomly choose two winners (one for each product) – i.e. I'll write the names of those who comment on scraps of paper, put them in a jar, shake, and recruit someone to draw two names. I’ll then post the names of the winners here and winners will need to email me their mailing address.

The Fine Print:

The only requirement of the winner is that (s)he agrees to be a guest blogger and write a product evaluation. The evaluation can be solely impressions of the product or it can include a story about the use – humorous (i.e., mishaps) or serious. It can be several sentences or several paragraphs - whatever it takes to get the point across. At a minimum, the evaluation should include the answers to these questions:

1. Did the product live up to the description here and/or on the product packaging?
2. What did you like about the product (if anything)?
3. What did you dislike about the product (if anything)?
4. How did it taste? (only if the product is edible!)
5. How did it feel on the skin?

The product evaluation should be submitted to me via email within 30 days of the receipt of the product.

Ready? Set? … Let the comments come in!

20 Comments:

At 5:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I need to hang out with you more, Rachelle, so some of your amazing adventurous spirit rubs off. I haven't been in a special store like that in...could it be twenty years??? But I must admit I love to browse the GV web site. I love how people evaluate products with the same attention to detail and community/consumer spirit as, say, vacuum purchasers on Overstock.com. :) - Sophie

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Sophie, just start a blog to jumpstart your sense of adventure -- LOL

ROTFL, Bella. It sounds like you would have a great humorous evaluation.

Thanks for taking a moment to post & good luck!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I'll play! Here's my entry! And I am doing a contest over at Manic Mom's too, so stop on over and add your comment on your favorite chocolate bar. Hey, massage stuff and chocolate... we might have a good thing going here!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Rhonda Helms said...

WOW, what a cool idea! that candle/massage oil thing is so neat...hahaha I'd probably be the one to get 3rd degree burns from it. HAHAHA

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

It is a good thing, Manic Mom.

Rhonda, that's what I thought about myself when she told me this. LOL Whoever wins, I think a tiny test would be in order before pouring a whole cup of melted wax!

Cherie, I bought them at the store. You might check the web site to see if they sell them online.

Thanks for entering the contest!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Mary R said...

Iwould use the dusting powder (I would have to use the whole thing, my man is quite big, all over my man's body and start from the top and work my way down!! Where we end up after that you can only guess!! :)

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Yowza! I think I have a couple ideas where you'd end up, Mary. :-) Thanks for participating.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Cynthia k said...

I think the body dust could be very erotic along with the feather but only if the dust tasted good. I quess I would need a sample first.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Tenny said...

Count me in! Wouldn't mind using that on my honeymoon in December!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

My sentiments exactly, Cindy. The sample they had on display smelled good but I wasn't about to taste it. :-)

Tennille, I definitely think you could put these items to great use on your honeymoon. Congratulations!

Thanks for entering the contest!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

*taking notes* I love the candle/massage oil idea!!!!!

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Amie -- you and me, both. LOL

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger ChristyJan said...

OOhhhhh....the body dust (raspberry is my favorite flavor) and the massage candle both sound wonderful.

I love to get both theraputic (from a professional) and sensual (from my husband) massages. I had one yesterday (the kind I pay for) and the masseuse did something that I would love to have done in that cabin in the mountains by my husband - anywho - at the beginning of my massage she wrapped my feet in hot moist towels. It was heavenly.

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

That does, indeed, sound heavenly, ChristyJan. Did she then massage your feet? Ahhhh. I could use one of those right now. :-)

Thank you for entering my contest!

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now those are some awesome prizes, almost as good as your books ;-)

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Edie Ramer said...

Rachelle, count me in! The powder and the soy candle both sounds like a lot of fun. :) My dh and I were at a store like that awhile ago, but we laughed too much to buy anything.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Aw shucks, Sanjay, thanks for the wonderful compliment!

Edie, you're in. Yes, some of the products can be quite amusing. I'm looking for the glow-in-the-dark massage oil someone told me about. I'd love to give that one a way and hear how someone used it. LOL

Thanks for taking a moment to enter, Sanjay & Edie.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

I like the way you think, Noizemaker. :-) Thanks for posting.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

And the winners are ... ChristyJan, you win the massage oil candle. And MaryR, you win the powder. Please email you snail mail address to me.

Congratulations and thanks to everyone for entering!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Well, I did not hear from the winners so I picked two other winners. Cherie won the candle and Bella won the body dust.

Congratulations! I look forward to hearing how these products worked for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home