Monday, August 07, 2006

Derek #1 Found

“Finding Derek” Project Overview

On July 16th, I’d promised to scour clubs, bars, airports, and financial districts to “Find Derek," the hero in my next book, The Sex Lounge, after which time blog visitors will be able to vote for their favorite. Since every reader imagines a different hero, my goal is to find a variety of potential Dereks – hopefully, a Derek for everyone, so to speak.

The Search Begins …

In the process of “Finding Derek,” I found a couple things about Rachelle. Namely, I should have done a bit of prep work prior to launching my search. Such as:

  1. Taken an English As a Second Language class. Before I started walking up to sexy guys as part of this project, I never knew Gibberish was my first language. Now, sadly, I know.
  2. Taken speech lessons. Mumbling and speed-talking are not effective communication techniques. See #1 above.

But it’s all good. I’m all for personal growth. Some people join Toastmasters to work on their public speaking skills. I’m approaching good-looking men to work on mine. It’s a tough job but, well, one must make sacrifices for the craft, right?

So, please give Derek #1 a hand for making it through my mumbling-speed-racer presentation – and then still agreeing to participate.

Derek #1 (discovered at a “White Linen” party)

Okay, Derek #1 (whose name really is Derek, btw) caused me to break a rule (no, not that rule!). The “rules” of the contest were that I would take candid shots of potential Dereks and post them. I was set to upload my shots when Derek emailed me a few photos of his own. I'm sorry but … some rules are meant to be broken, wouldn’t you agree?

  1. Name: Derek "Bleek" B.
  2. Occupation: Model
  3. Hobbies: Basketball, sports
  4. Why would a woman choose you to be a hero in a romance book?: "Because I'm educated, a businessman, and grounded/modest"
  5. (Optional) If you found Nichole's notebook, how would you convince her to act out her fantasies? : "I would first want to arrange a meeting with Nichole in a very erotic, but natural spot. After meeting her wearing my best of best threads, well shined shoes, and smelling better than she could imagine, I would look her in her pure eyes, smile, hoping that she would relax after exchanging a smile. I would then strike up an interesting conversation based on my finding in the notebook that would allow her to gain comfort in her own person so that she can begin to share & direct the conversation towards the findings. After she figures out that I have an understanding of her fantasies, she gains my permission to relax, exchange the same amount of positive energy and become extremely receptive to my thoughts and ideas.

    I would create the right setting and began to whisper what I know and read in her notebook only to make her realize that her very own fantasies are actually becoming true.

    Aftermath, inhale then exhale while looking each other in the eyes, exchanging the smiles of satisfaction with a blink."

Uh ... is it just me, or is it hot in here ... ? I'm thinking Derek might want to try his hand at erotica ...

15 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got to say, Rachelle, this Derek is seriously good looking. No surprise he's a model. Good first pick :) If this is an example of your line-up, I think its going to get very difficult to choose.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Michelle & Kim -- glad you approve of my first choice. He will, indeed, be a hard act to follow.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger J said...

Great pick.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Edie Ramer said...

Rachelle, kudos for your speed-talking. It's much better than I would have done. I never mastered the skill of talking at the same time as I was drooling.

Derek Nr. 1 gets thumbs up!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Yeah, well, it is my hope that my inclination to drool was truly hidden, Edie. LOL

Glad you both like Derek, Jenny & Edie.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

Um HUBBA! HUBBA!!!

I'm such a sucker for pretty eyes and by damn he's got 'em (and a way with words LOL)

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Bleek, thanks for stopping by. :-)

Yeah, eyes work for me, too, Amie, with a great smile running a close second.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Tempest Knight said...

Now that's one fine man, there. *purrs* Hm... yeah baby! I think the temp here went from 92 to 102 degrees.

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Tempest, glad you feel the heat. :-)

Missy, sorry to disappoint, but nothing I said was marketable. Nice thought, though. :-)

Thanks to all of you for stopping by.

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Kim, that is quite a temptation, isn't it? Careful, though -- we might have to pay Derek royalties on the use of the photo.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Shonell Bacon said...

Hmm, he's a cutie...The actual name Derek never moved me, but when attached to a face like that, I could change my opinion, LOL

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Kim, I'm so happy I can help you get your daily drool on. :-)

Chick Lit Gurrl, funny how a pretty face can change one, isn't it?

Thanks for stopping by!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Jordan Summers said...

Oh good God, girl. He's dangerous and hot. Talk about a deadly combination. Yowza!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Calista Fox, Author said...

Mm, yummy. Good find, my friend. Figures I wasn't with you when you "discovered" him. Darn it. ;-)

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Jordan -- glad you think so!

Calista -- so sorry you missed out on this one. :-(

Thanks for stopping by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home