Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Antonio Banderas Wants to Be My Friend!

Imagine that Antonio Banderas asked to be your friend. Wouldn’t your heart skip a beat? Wouldn’t your breath catch in your throat? Wouldn’t you become the living embodiment of every cliché ever written in a bad romance novel?

Well, that’s what I became this morning when I got the news. Oh. My. God. The Antonio Banderas wants to be my friend!

And then, reality swirled through my body.

I frowned.

What were the odds of the Antonio Banderas being logged onto MySpace, checking out my profile, and inviting me to be his friend? Even I, not always the quickest one to jump to obvious conclusions, knew the answer to this one:

Slim. Incredibly, impossibly, slim.

So …while it’s not quite the same, I am honored that an Antonio Banderas fan wants to be my friend. Hey, six degrees of separation and all that. It’s only a matter of time before Antonio, himself -- right after Oprah -- comes knocking.

After that bit of good news, I left the house and my neighbor stopped me, handing me a box. Once again, that heart-skipping-a-beat-breath-catching-thing happened.

Only, this time, it was real.

For as I ripped open the box, copies of my very own book, with my very own name on it stared back at me. I was looking at real, live editor copies of my book, Sex Lounge, which won’t be out until May 2007!

Which means, it’s real. Now that I feel it in my hot little hands, I really do have a book coming out. Woo-hoo!

And the good news just keeps coming. I got my first published Sex Lounge review from Joyfully Reviewed:

"The sexual tension in Sex Lounge was enough to make me sweat. More than once my heart rate sped up in time with Nichole’s as Derek’s sensual and sinful seduction began. I enjoyed watching these two characters fall for each other.

Sex Lounge was truly a delight to read. I became as obsessed with reading Sex Lounge as Nichole was obsessed with Derek. Unable to put the book down, I read it completely and totally in one sitting. One long, steamy sitting. Rachelle Chase has my attention with this release and I would love reading more from her." ~Talia, Joyfully Reviewed

So was your day as good as mine? Did Antonio Banderas invite you to be his friend?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

Congrats on getting those Author copies! I'm so psyched for you!!!!!!!!

Hey is it bad to pimp yourself at your kid's daycare? *g*

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Thanks, Amie. It was a totally thrilling moment. And I'm still thrilled!

As long as you aren't reading your book to them during story hour or sending them home with your hot bookmarks, I think it's okay. LOL

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Edie Ramer said...

How awesome to hold your books in your hands, Rachelle. And what a great review! That's even better than being Antonio Banderas' friend.

My day wasn't as good as yours, but tomorrow I'm going to a chapter meeting, and then having lunch with my CP, Liz. It's always good seeing other writers.

 
At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful news, Rachelle, it must be fantastic to have those copies in your hands.

Yesterday wasn't as productive as it could be, but today I'll make sure it is.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Yeah, Edie - I agree. The review is much better than Antonio's friendship (no offense, Antonio)!! ... Enjoy your chapter meeting.

Thanks, Michelle. Yeah, it's truly a wonderful feeling - I keep picking up the book. Last night, I read a few chapters, pretending I was a real reader. LOL Kind of surreal ... Wishing you a supremely productive day today!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Tempest Knight said...

Antonio Banderas my friend? We'd be playing guitar. *wg* Congrats on getting the book hot from the press! What a great moment! Did you take pics?

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Playing ... the guitar, Tempest? :-) Yes, it was a great photo. Nope, no photos - I was alone and on my way out the door. But a friend did capture the moment when I got my cover flats. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home