Monday, December 11, 2006

My 'Writing Process' Video

Okay. So, once again, I'm staring at my Word document that has total of a half of a manuscript page, wondering what to write. I glance at the top of my laptop screen, stare into the 'motion eye' and read the label, Enjoy live video chats with built-in camera. Though I've had my Sony VAIO laptop for 8 months (if you missed the report of this new love, check out My New Sex Toy), I have yet to remove the label or try this feature.

"Hmmm," I think. "What better time to experiment than when I'm supposed to be writing?"

So off I go. I launch Microsoft Movie Maker, catch some live shots with my 'motion eye,' click and drag and drop and ... voila ... my very first video. If you study it hard and take good notes, you, too, can learn the secret to producing one page/week.

What do you think? Do you know the secret?

10 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

*Howling*

Woman you are something else!!!!!

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was too damn funny!!! And exactly how I accomplish my one page a week, lol

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Jordan Summers said...

(shaking head) Yep, looks a lot like my typical day. *ggg*

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Thanks, Amie. I try. :-)

Kim & Jordan, it sounds like you are both keepers of the secret. Welcome to the club! LOL

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Kaia said...

Wow! And I thought I was doing something by producing one sentence a week. You've inspired me to strive for more.

LOL The video was great. You're more multi-talented than I realized.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Kaia, I'm glad you picked up pointers on how to increase your output. LOL

Thanks for the compliment. :-)

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Calista Fox, Author said...

And here I was feeling bad because I haven't written anything decent in a month. Trip to London, pneumonia, hosting Christmas parties. I thought my procrastination was impressive, but you have clearly taken the concept to all new levels. Excellent job! :-)

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Calista, surely you know one must keep procrastination fresh and interesting, otherwise one will not procrastinate!

Hope you had a fabulous time in London. I'm sorry to hear about the pneumonia but those other two reasons not to write are terrific! You win the prize for exciting procrastination techniques.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Edie Ramer said...

LMAO. Rachelle, I wish I had Calista's London excuse (although not her pneumonia one). Nope, I just procastinated without any excuse at all.

That has to stop. In January, I'm going to kick ass with my writing.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Edie, Calista always has good excuses. :-)

And I so agree with you -- in fact, I'm trying to get a jumpstart on the New Year by limiting my procrastination NOW. Somehow, I managed to get 15 pages done this weekend. A recent record ... I wish you much success with your writing goals in 2007!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home