Monday, August 28, 2006

A 911 Call to the Panty Fashion Police

Yes, the book which I have another zillion words left to write is due in 7 days. Yes, I'm supposed to be working on it (and I am!). But there are some things that can jolt the writer in me right out of the moment. Like ...

I'm sitting here -- yes, yes, at another coffee shop -- staring into space while I wait for the next burst of inspiration to strike. In walks this girl with low-riding pants that reveal a good three inches of her panties.

Excuse me. But, isn't the whole point of this panty exposure thing to entice viewers with a sneak peek at attractive panties? Last I checked, briefs (notice I did not say THONG) with 2-inch wide dingy white elastic and red hearts on a now-gray-used-to-be-white background are NOT attractive.

Am I alone here, or is this sight enough to ruin any erotic romance writer's spurt of creativity ?

10 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Calista Fox, Author said...

Shame on her! Now, if only your editor would take this as a viable excuse for a deadline extension... :-)

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Calista, you are a genius! I am going to email my editor right now ... *g*

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

I gotta agree with Bella here--Panties and Bra straps were not meant to be seen period! =(

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Yeah, the whole show-your-undies-thing is a mystery to me.

Amie, I have to admit that the visible bra strap thing has grown on me. Not that I think it's attractive, but I like not having to fiddle with my straps to make sure they're not showing all the time.

But I DO NOT wear my bras that have the lint balls stuck to the elastic or, worse, have the stretched out frayed elastic. I save my good bras for the bra-strap-showing days. LOL

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

I just came from my son's football game and *LOL* there was this woman in front of me in a white tank top and her pink (twisted up knotted) bra strap was distracting me the whole time. And it was HOT pink!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

ROFLMAO, Amie! See how distracting it was? Bet you couldn't concentrate on the game!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Edie Ramer said...

Yuck. It's enough to drive you home to type, Rachelle. Good luck with that deadline!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Thanks so much, Edie!

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Amie. Underwear has the word 'under' in it for a reason :)

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Great point, Michelle. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home