Saturday, October 07, 2006

Hey, You Look Like ...!

Yet again, I was at Starbucks - this time in the financial district of San Francisco - brainstorming the plot of my next book. I'd just reached the part where the hero was showing the heroine various parts of his anatomy, asking her to touch each part, slowing inching toward--

"Excuse me," said a feminine voice, interrupting me.

I glanced up, suppressing a frown, to face the neatly dressed, dark-haired woman standing in front of me. "Yes?" I replied with a polite smile.

"You look just like the Canadian Governor General from Haiti."

What? My smile slipped. I felt my mouth drop open.

She smiled hesitantly. "You wouldn't happen to be Michaelle Jean, would you?"

"Uh … no. Sorry."

Looking embarrassed, she went on to explain that she worked at a Canadian firm and a photo of Michaelle – which she passed every day – was on the wall.

I'd totally forgotten about the incident, until today. While I was looking at my notes, I saw where I'd scribbled Ms. Jean's name, which gave me the perfect excuse to procrastinate. Off to the Internet I went, searching for photos of the Canadian Governor General, which prompted me to scour the photos of myself on my laptop for any likeness, which prompted me to remember other Hey, you look just like … incidences.

Three hours later, here are the fruits of my various searches:

Michaelle Jean (left), Rachelle Chase (right). If you look real hard for 30 minutes, letting your eyes dart from photo to photo, you might catch a slight resemblance. I look like Ms. Jean on a bad day.

















A couple years ago, a guy in L.A. who was producing his first film saw my headshot on a casting directory and called me.

"Are you interested in playing Condoleezza Rice?" he asked me.

Condoleezza Rice (left), Rachelle Chase (right) This is my headshot that prompted his call.

















And here are the celebrities that I've been told that I look like over the years ...

Tempestt Bledsoe (left), Rachelle Chase (right)



















Debbie Allen (left), Rachelle Chase (right)
















And here, maybe Debbie Allen (left), Tempestt Bledsoe (middle), and Rachelle Chase (lower right) all look alike. LOL
















Okay, I'm done procrastinating ... :-)

15 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Calista Fox, Author said...

Oh, you little procrastinator! You actually do resemble all of those people! You're quite the chameleon, Rachelle. Great photos!!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

I can definitely see the resemblence between you and Michelle Jean!! I've been told I look like the oldest sister from the Cosbys (a long time ago when the Cosbys were new LOL)

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachelle, to me you look like no one but you. A beauty, to be sure! Still waiting for strangers to talk to me in the coffee shops....Sophie

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Chameleon qualities can come in handy, Calista. :-) Thank you.

Amie, now that you mention it, you do kinda resemble her. But you're much prettier!

Sophie, if you actually LIVE in coffee shops like I do, strangers will be forced to talk to you. If nothing else, they'll come up to you and say, "Excuse me but ... what do you DO in here all day/night?" Aw, thanks for the compliment, too!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

I've had a few of those WTF moments, Kimberly. Like when Kent nicknamed me "Roach" in 6th grade. I sooooo did not see the resemblance. Terri Clark? ... one moment please while I go surf to find out who she is ...
...
...
...
... found her! (neat website, btw). To do an accurate comparison, I need to see the photos side-by-side (hint, hint). :-)

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I can see a little resemblence in each one. You are a beauty. mw

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

You are so kind, mw. Thank you.

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachelle, you are your own gorgeous self, but Michelle Jean and you both have a really lovely smile that is kind of similar, and I'm sure that's why your coffee shop friend thought you might be her.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Oh, that's really sweet, Michelle. Thank you. Whatever the reason, I'd never consider it an insult to be mistaken for the Canadian Governor General! :-)

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I'm sure she'd think it no insult to be mistaken for you :)

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

What a sweet thing to say, Michelle. Thank you!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

Um hello it's almost time for your monthly blogging! *ggg*

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Madison Chase said...

I too can see the resemblence. I'm also noticing something about authors with the last name of Chase.... ;) Seems we like to write HOT stuff. Happy Halloween fellow Chase.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Rub it in, Amie. :-) I feel guilty for being so behind. I plan to get back on track this week.

Morgan, thanks for stopping by. Yes, we do have that in common. Great last name, isn't it?

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

*rubrubrub* LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home