Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cover For SEX LOUNGE

While chatting on the phone with my dad, he mentioned that I had received a FedEx box from Kensington at his house. I was expecting my copy edits for The Sex Lounge, so I asked him to open it and see if there was a date stating when they were due.

He shuffled through the box. “I don’t see a letter ... there are a bunch of these colored sheets that say Sex Lounge and have your name on it, but no letter.”

OMG, could that be my cover? I actually have a cover?! “Dad, do those ‘colored sheets’ actually look like a book cover?”

“Yeah. But I don't see a letter."

Inwardly, I’m screaming with excitement. Outwardly, I say, “Dad, could you forget the letter for a minute and describe what’s on the cover?”

“It’s blue. There’s a woman’s arm. And a guy’s body, but ... I can't see him and I can’t see their heads ... Nope, no letter."

My need to have him describe every pixel of the cover left him clueless. Further attempts to get clarification met with similar answers. The image forming in my mind – of body parts floating in a blue fog – was scaring me, so I stopped and let him search for the non-existent letter.

The next weekend, he drove 40+ miles (isn't he awesome?!) and hand-delivered them to me** at -- yes, a coffee shop, where I was writing. I spread a few on the table so I could look up every five minutes and gaze at them lovingly, like one of my lovesick heroines. But no one thought I was weird -- I do live in San Francisco, after all.

I'm so excited! I have a cover -- which means, OMG, maybe I really do have a book coming out next year! LOL Please stop by and take a sneak peek at an excerpt and my fabulous quotes.

**My dad had taped the box shut and created a label addressed to me that said, "delivered by Cheap Courier Service." I cracked up. I do love that man!

11 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Amie Stuart said...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE It's gorgeous!
Do you love it? I love it!!!
*nodding*

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Oh yeah. *nodding vigorously* Thanks, Amie!

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Jordan Summers said...

It looks terrific, Rachelle! They're going to fly off the shelves. :)

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Calista Fox, Author said...

H-O-T, baby! It's a winner!! I can't wait to read the book!

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Oh, Jordan, I so hope you are right! ... Thanks, Calista -- especially since you are the Queen of Hot Covers. :-)

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Saskia Walker said...

It's a great cover, Rachelle! FYI some Aphrodisia books are being shipped to England for bookshop shelves (unlike most other ER lines ;-)

 
At 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What awesoem (and funny) Daddy!!!!!

Great cover too!!

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Thanks, Kim, Saskia & Jennifer!

Saskia - that's wonderful to hear they're making it to England. I've heard that some versions have also been translated to German and Spanish, too. Here's hoping the trend continues!

Jennifer - yeah, I think he's an awesome guy, too. :-)

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger ChristyJan said...

Awesome cover Rachelle! And, what a great (and funny) Dad.

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the cover, Rachelle. Kensington really seems to get them right . . . And wow on the quote by Micheal Bader.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Rachelle Chase said...

Thanks, ChristyJan & Michelle. Yes, I agree that K does a great job on covers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home